Wednesday 17 October 2012

November 7 Meeting

The next meeting will be at 7.30, Wednesday, November 7, at Coffee Corner. What I propose is that we bring along poems dealing with themes of friendship, conviviality, camaraderie etc. It’s an interesting theme which is found across world poetries – think Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam, Li Po, Frank O'Hara. Either written by you or that you have read. If people email or post them to me beforehand, I can have copies made.

I would like the December meeting ( December 5) to look at two poets, if we can find people willing to volunteer in introducing poets they like to others (as Diane did with Sarah Wardle). Any suggestions? I’ll gladly introduce a poet I think might be interesting, if only one suggestion is made.

Attendance has been low for meetings so far this season, which causes me some alarm. I hope people can still make Wednesday evenings. Please let me know of any problems with time & date, venue, etc.

I’m afraid I have contacted the Bishops Stortford College Festival  of Literature rather too late – their schedule has already been drawn up. I am hoping to hear from the Stortford Music Festival  (occurring Maytime I presume).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home